Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Shawna Hanel

So here's a site of photography by Shawna Hanel called Lightwriting. She's an adjunct photo professor at BSU. I really like her stuff and can relate to some of it.

These are from her portfolio "Idaho State Fair".

Switchback, Shawna Hanel

Swinger II, Shawna Hanel

I can totally respect her appreciation of light and capturing its movement through time. And I really like that some of these are about the design that is created and not just what the object was that created it. 

My own unaltered photos that I did Oct 2008:
Untitled, Toby Borup, 2008

Untitled, Toby Borup, 2008


 The process and result of these were somewhat accidentally discovered. I was sitting on the couch at the house of some friends and I decided to dangle my point and shoot camera by its strap, spin it, and let it take 10 consecutive shots by itself. Then my friend Tasha sitting next to me started bumping it with a balloon causing it to spin and wiggle. I was very pleasantly surprised how they looked.

Shawna also apparently likes macro shots and how things look up close. These next shots are from her "inheritance" portfolio.

Shawna Hanel

Shawna Hanel

The next set are from her "invisible hands" portfolio.

Petrolium By-product II, Shawna Hanel

Walk, Shawna Hanel

Here are some of my own:

Untitled, Toby Borup 2008

Untitled, Toby Borup 2008

Untitled, Toby Borup 2008

Untitled, Toby Borup 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment